January 9, 2014

TV: My Mad Fat Diary



Sometimes, you find a show so funny, so poignant, so relatable, so nostalgic, and so good that you can’t help but tell everyone to jump on the bandwagon.

I was searching for a new TV series to watch and I found this British series, My Mad Fat Diary on tumblr. I watched the trailer on youtube first, and immediately I was hooked. Thank God, the series had already ended its first season so I was able to watch the whole series continuously.

The story was based on a real life diary about a teenage girl, with a mental health issues, named Rae Earl in 1996. The story also follows the lives of Rae’s friends (from the outside world), her mum, her friends from the psychiatric hospital, and mostly about the 90’s era.

I have cried a hundred of times on every episodes. And laughed with every thing that comes out from Rae’s state of mind, especially when she talks about boys.

hiya, Finn! ;)

This series showed so much realness. It wasn't too “dreamy”, It was real. It was so beautiful, yet, you get a little dose of pain along the way. This show made me realize that not all guys are shallow. You have to watch the series to know what I’m talking about. *wink*


This series holds a special place in my heart, right there beside Grey’s Anatomy and The Parenthood. I suggest you watch this series now because season two is just around the corner! :)



Bye, for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment