January 9, 2014

New Resolutions!

So, I’ve been contemplating on the things that I wanted to do/achieve for this year. Yes, you’re right. It’s my freaking New Year’s Resolution! Haha

I know, I know, we all have them. From saving up money to “I’m going quit smoking”, and losing weight to changing your behaviour, we all have our own lists. This year, I decided to make a list that involved OTHER things. I wanted to share it with you guys. Hopefully, this can inspire you to make your own new year’s resolution lists.

Some resolutions needs a little bit of explanation while others, well, they’re pretty much speaks for themselves. J

1.)  A Job –This year, my goal is to find a job. I had a really traumatic experience last year. I didn't get into the job I applied for. You know that feeling when someone told you, “I’m sorry, you could try again next time”, well, that exact moment happened to me. And in that moment, I felt like my knees took off and went straight to heaven--leaving me behind. It was depressing. But then again, life goes on. This year, I’m more determined to get a job. *wink*

2.)  Re-connect with some of my good friends – I don’t really have a lot of friends, well, I do know a lot of people—but only first name basis. When it comes to my circle of friends, I only have a few. Unfortunately though, some of my good friends right now, are all scattered around (here and abroad), but we do catch up once in awhile, with the use of facebook and skype.

I don’t have the money to fly abroad just to see my friends in person. But, I still have some friends left here. So I’m going to start visiting them, one by one. Okay, don’t get too excited. It’s not like I’m going to do this spontaneously. It needs some time and money. I’m just being honest here. Remember, I’m un-employed! (LOL) I wanted to start here (Dagupan), though. I studied in Dagupan City National High School for a year, and I did made some friends. Not really a lot, but you know what they say, “ quality > quantity”.(LOLJK) Anyways, I’m going to start planning. Maybe get their cellphone numbers on facebook, and we’ll see it from there. Wow. This is actually making me nervous.

3.)  Go out more –For those of you who doesn’t know me, personally. Well, I’m quite a homebody. It’s funny though because I was once, labelled a “party girl” before, because a friend of friend of a friend told this certain someone that I was this girl who loves going to the club. Which was not entirely true. There’s a reason behind all that and I don’t why they made it such a BIG issue. Don’t get me wrong though, remember, I was once a “party girl” (insert evil laugh here). I have had experienced some good fun, too. A girl also needs her booze fix, right? (LOL) But, I only do that occasionally like: after a gruelling exam, or when a friend invited me to this club (I don’t get a lot of invites, fyi), or when someone has a birthday and my presence is in dire need (LOL. Not really.) I wouldn’t say NO to that, wouldn’t you? I mean. It’s free booze, come on!

This year, I wanted to be more proactive. I wanted to go out, I’ve always wanted to read a book under a tree, or read a book while lying on a grass (minus the ants haha), meet new people, just small things that involves me and my idle feet. Fresh air, here I come!

4.)  Read more books this year! – Being a self-confessed bookworm I try to read as many interesting books in a year. I actually had a quota last year, but unfortunately, I failed.  The bookworm in me was sad. But this year, I will try to put a lot of effort and  time, save some of my allowance every month to buy a new, or maybe some second hand books from BookSale. I’m not really picky when it comes to book (it could be old, new, with or without cover), as long as it’s a good book. This saving-my-allowance thing will probably going to starve me to death, but... oh well, books are as good as food, anyway. Books give us good advice, books give us new ideas, and they let us exercise our imaginations. I love getting lost in a book. I love being drowned with so much feelings and emotions. Especially, when it’s my time of the month. (LOL) A good romantic novel plus me PMS-ing? It’s like adding fuel to the fire. Haha  So this year, I am promising myself a year filled with books.

5.)  Stay fit and eat more healthy food – Who am I kidding?


6.)  Make amends to the people I did wrong – I’m not really the type of person who’d say sorry just for the hell of it. And I’m not the type of person who’d say sorry, even if I know that I did nothing wrong, especially when I’m just defending myself for something that I didn’t do. I take pride of my ego. And I’m not ashamed to say that. But I know, along the way, I did hurt one or few people (which I’m not naming). And a sincere (personal) apology is the only way to make everything right. I’m still not going to say sorry to those who did me wrong, though. Nope. Not going to happen. I wish them a swell 2014, though. Because I'm a good person like that. (LOL)

7.)  And lastly, I’ll try to be more patient and more understanding, especially towards my sister. I feel sorry for being too hard on her last year and even last, last year. (LOL) But it’s just that I wanted only the best for her. I wanted her to learn from my mistakes, but she’s so hard-headed, she wouldn’t listen. I mean, I pretty much raised her and all. Can I, at least, have some respect I deserve? Scientifically, I’m blaming hormones. She’s at the peak of her puberty stage, angst everywhere. But, come on, sister, give your ate a break. Can you at least, take it down a notch? Hmmkay? Let’s talk later.

This is blog post is becoming a declaration of my family problems. I need to stop now. Haha

So, that’s it. It’s a short list, but I wanted it that way. Hope this list helped you guys with some of your resolutions. Have a wonderful year ahead, you guys! Have a blessed 2014!

Bye, for now! J




No comments:

Post a Comment