April 1, 2015

There's no place like home.

Hello, there!

I’ve been quite busy these past couple of months. I finally moved into to my new place. Yay! And  had this weird allergy attack. Nay!

I’ve been wanting to have a place of my own. A place a can call home. I’ve been renting (bed space) for almost a year and I thought I should take this to a notch, and by a notch I mean renting my own place. Believe me it was not easy. Where I used to stay, it has everything: cable tv, WiFi and it also includes water and electric bill. I don’t have to think but sleep and eat and all that shit. But that place was just too far from my workplace. Good thing my best friend, Arvin, introduced me to his friend who has this place that’s been abandoned for ages. He told me it was used to be a water refilling station, so I already set my expectation. I knew for a fact it’ll be dusty and all, but it was far from what I expected. Really. Words can’t explain. And that’s the reason why I had this allergy attacked. The doctor said it was because of the allergen or something. Whatever. All I know is I have now all these spots on my arms and neck that will take a lifetime to fade. Oh, plus I had to take steroids for 7 days. Lucky me.

Okay, enough with the allergy. I’m over it now. Let’s go back to the best part. So when I went to see the place, I immediately fell in love with it. Remember when they say, “Don’t believe unless you see it”, well the place was not entirely a refilling station. The place where I’m supposed to be renting is actually located at the back of the refilling station. There you are, a cute tiny one bedroom apartment. I immediately saw its potential. And then I started thinking of the things I should be doing with the place. I knew it will look, if not exactly, like those rustic apartment pegs I’ve been pinning on Pinterest. Originally, I wanted a white apartment with black accent to it, but the tiles were blue so I had to think of something else. I thought, why not a light brown accent? And it works just fine!

Moving in to a new place, buying all the things you needed; those were not the easy part. Believe me, it sucks to see your pay-check go drown the drain in just one day. And there were some days where I think if I’m doing the right thing, but since I’m already in the action, then might as well finish what I started. My place is not yet done though, no furniture yet. It’s just me, my laptop, and my white walls for now. My place is still a work-in-progress. It’ll be my small project. Hopefully, before my sister moves in this coming August, my place will be all set. I still have a 4 months to prepare though. Wish me luck!

Here's a sneak peek of my new digs!


With its flaws and all. I love my ugly-pretty kitchen window!  






No comments:

Post a Comment